1. 3000L Industrial Fermentation Tank Introduction
There are three main fermentation methods, warm, cool and wild or spontaneous. Fermentation may take place in open or closed vessels. There may be a secondary fermentation which can take place in the brewery, in the cask or in the bottle.
2. Fermenting ways
In general, yeasts such as Saccharomyces cerevisiae are fermented at warm temperatures between 15 and 20 °C (59 and 68 °F), occasionally as high as 24 °C (75 °F), while the yeast used by Brasserie Dupont for saison ferments even higher at 29 C (84 F) to 35 °C (95 F).
They generally form a foam on the surface of the fermenting beer, as during the fermentation process its hydrophobic surface causes the flocs to adhere to CO2 and rise; because of this, they are often referred to as “topcropping” or “topfermenting”– though this distinction is less clear in modern brewing with the use of cylindro-conical tanks.
Generally, warmfermented beers are ready to drink within three weeks after the beginning of fermentation, although some brewers will condition them for several months.
Lager is beer that has been cool fermented at around 10C (50 F), compared to typical warm fermentation temperatures of 18 °C (64 F).
It is then stored for 30 days or longer close to the freezing point,
and during this storage sulphur components developed during fermentation dissipate.
3. Specification and Pictures of 3000L Industrial Fermentation Tank
|Tank Capacity||3000L (+25% Headspace minimum)|
|Interior Shell||SUS304 full welded; TH=3mm|
|Exterior Shell||SUS304 full welded; TH=2mm|
|Glycol Jacket||Dimpled plate on cone and side|
|Manway||Manhole on waist(Top mounted for special request)|
4. More Detailed specification:
- Tank Capacity: 3000L (+25% Headspace minimum)
- Dimension: Φ1560mmx4240mm
- Interior Finish: Sanitary 2B finish, Pickled and Passivated; (8K Mirror finish optional)
- Exterior Finish: Oil brushed finish(2B, 8K Mirror finish optional)
- Insulated with high density Polyurethane foam; TH=80mm
- CO2 blow-off arm with butterfly valve
- Full sanitary metallic sealed sampling valve
- Mechanical safe valve PVRV 2 bar on CIP arm
- Hydraulic shock pressure gauge on CIP arm
- Rotating racking arm and port on cone with butterfly valve
- Tri clamp discharge arm with butterfly valve
- Thermowell for high accuracy temperature sensor
- 4pcs completely SUS304 heavy duty legs with leveling pad and legs support
- Complete valves, fittings and all parts
- Dry hopping port 4” TC with solid end cap
- Sanitary level tube and valves TC for special request
- Carbonation port TC with stone for special request
- Bunging valve 0.2-2.2bar for special request